Objective of Rattlesnake Jake
The objective of Rattlesnake Jake is to collect the most gold nuggets by the end of the game.
- Attach the top and bottom halves of the snake by snapping them together.
- Insert batteries into the bottom of snake. Turn the switch on the bottom to the ON position.
- If the snake’s tail keeps shaking without anyone nearby, press the reset button on the bottom in order to reset the game.
- Place Rattlesnake Jake in the center of the play area. Place all of the gold nuggets inside the ring of the snake.
- Gently push in the head until it locks into position.
- Place the cowboy hat on to top of the snake’s head.
- The youngest player starts the game. Play proceeds clockwise throughout the game.
Playing Rattlesnake Jake
You will begin each of your turns looking the snake in the eyes and stealing one of the gold nuggets. You will place the gold nugget in front of you.
Next you have a decision to make. First you can decide to end your turn. If you chose this option you will get to keep all of the gold nuggets that you have taken during your current turn.
Otherwise you can choose to flip the Fate Coin to try and have the opportunity to steal another gold nugget. Flip the Fate Coin. The side that ends face up determines what you will do next.
If the nugget side is visible, you may attempt to steal a second gold nugget. Should you successfully steal a gold nugget you will place it next to the gold nugget you took at the start of your turn. You then can choose to flip the Fate Coin again, or end your turn. You can only take a maximum of three gold nuggets on your turn.
Should you roll the crossed nugget side, your luck has run out. Your turn ends immediately. You must also give one gold nugget back to Rattlesnake Jake.
Rattlesnake Jake Strikes
As you are playing the game Rattlesnake Jake can suddenly strike. If he jumps forward during your turn, you must return half of your gold nuggets. Your turn ends immediately as well.
If he strikes when you are returning a nugget, you still have to return half of your gold nuggets.
To reset Rattlesnake Jake, press the head back into the body.
Winning the Game
The game ends once all of the gold nuggets have been taken from Rattlesnake Jake.
Each player counts up how many gold nuggets they have. The player with the most gold nuggets wins the game.
Rattlesnake Jake FAQs
If you have any questions about how to play Rattlesnake Jake, leave a comment below on this post. I will try to answer any questions asked as best and as quickly as possible.
- Electronic Snake
- Cowboy Hat
- Fate Coin
- 16 Gold Nuggets
Year: 2020 | Publisher: Goliath Games
Genres: Children’s, Electronic
Ages: 4+ | Number of Players: 2+ | Length of Game: 10-15 minutes
Difficulty: Light | Strategy: Light | Luck: High
For more board and card game how to plays/rules and reviews, check out our complete alphabetical list of board game posts.