Objective of Sink N’ Sand
The objective of Sink N’ Sand is to be the last player standing at the end of the game.
- Attach the legs to the dark green base.
- Place the light green piece on top of the legs.
- Insert all of the sticks into the light green piece. You should place the sticks randomly as they don’t need to be placed in a specific way.
- Place the sand above the sticks. Hide the Redemption Ruby inside the sand. Pack it down so the surface is even across the whole area.
- Push the molding tray on top of the sand to imprint gems. Then set the molding tray aside.
- Each player chooses a character.
- The youngest player takes the die first. They will roll the die and place their character on a space that matches the gem that they rolled. The player to their left then rolls the die and places their character. This continues until all of the characters are placed. Two characters cannot be placed on the same space.
Playing Sink N’ Sand
To begin each of your turns you will roll the die. The color you roll on the die determines which color stick you will remove on your turn. Choose a stick that matches the color and pull it out.
If you roll a color and no sticks remain of that color, roll the die again. Keep doing this until you roll a color that still has sticks remaining.
Should you roll the side that features multiple colors, you choose which color stick to remove.
When you roll the Reverse symbol, turn order reverses. To start the game play passes left. After the order is reversed, play will move right and so on.
After you have taken a stick or rolled a Reverse symbol, your turn ends. Play passes to the next player in turn order.
End of Game
Players will keep taking turns in Sink N’ Sand. You will roll the die and take a corresponding colored stick.
Should a player’s character fall through the quicksand, they are eliminated from the game.
The only way to get back into the game is to collect the Redemption Ruby. Eventually a player will pull out a stick that reveals the Redemption Ruby. Once it is visible, you should try to pick it up as quickly as possible. Whichever player grabs it can use it to get back in the game when they are eliminated. You will pick up your character and place it onto one of the spaces that remain. You can only use the Redemption Ruby once each game.
The game continues until only one player remains. The last remaining player wins the game.
To store the game place all of the sand, characters, die and Redemption Ruby into the base. Place the molding tray on top to close the storage tray. Disassemble the rest of the structure and place it into the box.
Sink N’ Sand FAQs
If you have any questions about how to play Sink N’ Sand, leave a comment below on this post. I will try to answer any questions asked as best and as quickly as possible.
- Jungle Top
- Jungle Base
- 4 Legs
- 20 Sticks
- Molding Tray
- 4 Characters
- Redemption Ruby
- Bag of Kinetic Sand
Year: 2022 | Publisher: Spin Master Ltd
Genres: Action, Children’s, Dice
Ages: 4+ | Number of Players: 2-4 | Length of Game: 15-20 minutes
Difficulty: Light | Strategy: Light | Luck: High
For more board and card game how to plays/rules and reviews, check out our complete alphabetical list of board game posts.