Objective of Marvel Hedbanz
The objective of Marvel Hedbanz is to be the first player to get rid of all of your chips by guessing the Marvel characters placed on your headband.
- Each player takes a headband and chooses a mask. They will attach the mask to the headband by slipping the back of the clip on the headband through the hole in the mask. Place your headband on your head so the Hedbanz logo is centered on your forehead.
- Shuffle the cards and place them face down in the center of the table.
- Each player takes one card from the center of the table. They will add it to their headband without looking at the picture side. They should place the card on their headband where the rest of the players can see the picture.
- Each player takes three chips. The rest of the chips are placed in the middle of the table and become the bank.
- The youngest player starts the game. Play passes left throughout the game.
Playing Marvel Hedbanz
To begin your turn flip over the timer.
You will then start asking the players questions about the character from the card on your headband. Take turns asking each player one question. You can ask any question except for “Who am I?”. You should ask questions that will help you figure out the identity of the character on your headband. At any time you can ask “Am I…”.
After you have asked each player a question, start again asking each player another question.
When you correctly guess what Marvel character is on your headband, you take the card off and replace it with a new card. Make sure not to look at the picture side of the new card you add to your headband. You can then start asking questions about your new character.
End of Turn
You will keep asking questions until the sand timer runs out.
For each card you correctly guessed on your turn, move one of your chips to the bank pile.
At any time during your turn you can choose to give up on your current card. If you choose to give up on the card, you will end your turn. You will discard the card on your headband and draw a new card (without looking at the picture side). For giving up on the card, you need to take one of the chips from the bank.
Play then passes to the player on your left.
Winning Marvel Hedbanz
The first player to get rid of all of their chips wins the game.
Marvel Hedbanz FAQ
If you have any questions about how to play Marvel Hedbanz, leave a comment below on this post. I will try to answer any questions asked as best and as quickly as possible.
- 60 Character Cards
- 24 Scoring Chips
- 6 Headbands
- 6 Headband Masks
Year: 2015 | Publisher: Cardinal, Spin Master
Genres: Children’s, Family, Deduction
Ages: 7+ | Number of Players: 2-6 | Length of Game: 20-30 minutes
Difficulty: Light | Strategy: Light | Luck: Moderate
For more board and card game how to plays/rules and reviews, check out our complete alphabetical list of board game posts.