Originally released in 2020, Deer Pong is an odd game. You have a talking deer head attached to a mount which likes to tell corny jokes. Cups have been placed in its antlers. Your goal is to try and throw/bounce balls into each of the cups. The player/team who gets a ball into each of the cups first wins the game.
Year: 2020 | Publisher: Hasbro | Designer: NA | Artist: NA
Genres: Action, Dexterity, Family
Ages: 8+ | Number of Players: 2+ | Length of Game: 2-5 minutes
Difficulty: Light | Strategy: Light | Luck: Moderate
Components: deer head, backboard, stand, 4 antler pieces, 6 cups, 8 balls, instructions
Objective of Deer Pong
The objective of Deer Pong is to be the first player/team to fill each of your cups with a ball.
Setup for Deer Pong
- Insert batteries into Bucky’s head.
- Snap Bucky’s head into the backboard.
- Attach the backboard into the base.
- Assemble each of the antlers and add them to Bucky’s head.
- Place one red cup into each notch in the left antler. Place one orange cup into each notch in the right antler.
- Split into two teams (orange and red).
- Each team will get four balls to start the game.
- All of the players will stand three feet away from Bucky.
- Press Bucky’s hat to start the countdown. The game will start as soon as the countdown ends.
Playing Deer Pong
Deer Pong has no turns. Both teams/all of the players will play at the same time.
The objective is to try and get balls into your team’s cups. You can either throw or bounce balls into the cups.
When your shot lands in one of your cups, it will stay there. You will now try to aim for your remaining cups that don’t have a ball in them.
If your shot misses, you can pick up the ball. Each team gets four balls to start the game. Once a ball has been shot though, any player can pick it up and shoot it.
If your shot lands in an opponent’s cup, it will stay there. You ended up helping the other team.
When a ball lands in a cup that already has a ball in it, the second ball will be removed from the cup.
Winning the Game
The first player/team to get one ball into each of their cups wins the game. Press Bucky’s hat to claim your victory. This also turns off the game.
If you would like to play another game, press the hat again to start the countdown.
This is not a gameplay mode. Instead Joke Mode will make Bucky start telling pun filled jokes. To turn on this mode press and hold Bucky’s hat for three seconds.