Objective of Hedbanz Junior
The objective of Hedbanz Junior is to figure out what animal card you have on your headband by asking yes or no questions.
Setup for Hedbanz Junior
- Each player takes a Clue Card Mat and places it in front of themselves on the table.
- Each player takes a set of eight Clue Cards. You should place each Clue Card on its matching space on the Clue Card Mat. Each card should be placed so the red “X” side is facedown.
- Place the Animal Card Map in the middle of the table where everyone can see it.
- Each player takes a headband and adjusts it so it fits on their head. You should make sure the Hedbanz logo is in the middle of your forehead.
- Shuffle all of the Animal Cards and deal one face down to each player.
- Add your Animal Card to your headband without looking at it. The picture side should face the other players so they can see it.
- The youngest player starts the game.
Playing Hedbanz Junior
On your turn look at the Clue Cards on your Clue Card Mat. Ask a yes or nor question about one of the cards to the other players.
For example you can ask: “Does my animal have feathers?”.
After you receive an answer to your question, your turn ends. Play passes to the player on your left.
Receiving a No Answer
The other players will look at the card on your head. They will answer your question truthfully based on the card on your head. If the players answer no, turn the corresponding Clue Card so the red X side is face up.
Receiving a Yes Answer
If the other players answer with yes, keep the Clue Card on its current side. There are two main questions in Hedbanz Junior. You need to figure out if your animal has feathers or fur, and you need to figure out where your animal lives. Only one option for each question can receive a yes. Once you receive a yes for feathers/fur or the location, you can turn the rest of the Clue Cards for that question to the X side as they can’t also be correct. You can always refer to the Animal Card Map to see what animals are in the game.
Winning the Game
Once you think you know what animal you are, you can choose to guess what animal you are. On your turn you will ask a question such as “Am I a (animal)?”
If you are incorrect, your turn ends and you can guess another animal on your next turn.
If you are correct, you win the game.
Hedbanz Junior FAQs
If you have any questions about how to play Hedbanz Junior, leave a comment below on this post. I will try to answer any questions asked as best and as quickly as possible.
- 4 Headbands
- 24 Animal Cards
- 32 Clue Cards
- 4 Clue Card Mats
- Animal Card Map
Year: 2023 | Publisher: Spin Master
Genres: Children’s, Dexterity
Ages: 5+ | Number of Players: 2-4 | Length of Game: 5-10 minutes
Difficulty: Light | Strategy: Light | Luck: Moderate-High
For more board and card game how to plays/rules and reviews, check out our complete alphabetical list of board game posts.